David Bickley's Wargames Blog

The occasional ramblings of an average gamer, journeyman painter, indifferent modeller, games designer, sometime writer for Wargames Illustrated and host of games in GHQ.



Thursday 30 July 2015

Strike up the band!

I have added a French band to my Wars of the French Revolution collection. They are figures from Trent Miniatures of course, although I changed several of the heads for ones wearing the bicorne, the originals were too exotic for my taste ~












The gap in the base is left for a missing mould figure, the Jingling Johnnie. If Duncan can't locate it then I'll convert it to a muddy puddle! The detail on many of the figures has proved to be a little soft for my eyesight, but as a group I think they will look alright on the table top. I really liked the Drum Major, very imposing chap I think ~
















Another view of the whole band from the opposite angle ~












Some other bits and bobs that I've completed for the project this month. An Austrian Hungarian command base, even though I've got no Hungarian infantry yet ~























An ADC from the French 2nd Hussars ~























Finally, the WI free subscription figure which I was kindly given by Dan at May's Partizan ~























At present now I'm painting some Foundry Late Roman cataphracts and then moving on to some Foundry early Austrian Grenz infantry, but I'm off to Claymore tomorrow, so no more painting until next month!

8 comments:

  1. Hey day gotta a band! Stirring stuff DB.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice new additions David!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and encouraging my efforts.

      Delete
  4. Great looking band, my Egypt has stalled but, I will add this to my list of needs once it gets back on track.
    Thanks for posting.
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that encouraging comment,Stu. Every army should feature a band ideally!

      Delete