David Bickley's Wargames Blog

The occasional ramblings of an average gamer, journeyman painter, indifferent modeller, games designer, sometime writer for Wargames Illustrated and host of games in GHQ.



Wednesday 25 April 2012

Victorian Additions ~ at Home and Overseas

At Salute on Saturday I bought the two new sets of characters from Empress for my Anglo Zulu War collection. So far I've painted up Chaplain Smith and the 'Surgeon Reynolds' vignette ~

I've also completed a sniper for the Boers in our First Boer War games later in the year ~
On a different tack, I was given some Victorian street traders on a trip to Foundry late last year and I've finally got around to painting them up ~
Now, I must get around to making up and painting the terraced houses, pub and shop which I acquired last year so Holmes and Watson can grace the table in further adventures here in GHQ...

5 comments:

  1. Very nice work. I was tempted by the Ammunitiion Smith figure since I collect padre miniatures but the way he is posed I would need a whole Rorke's Drift collection to put him in context.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff, David. I do like Empress' character figures - Paul Hocks really nails them.

    Best wishes

    Giles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work David. I love them all.

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. My, you soon cranked those out old chap. Very nice work and useful additions for the next game.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comments, folks! Its always nice to get feedback.

    ReplyDelete